Snapdeal, India’s largest online marketplace, reported receiving a phenomenal response to its Grand Unbox sale, running from May 14th– 16th. . The trends shared by the company reveal a 4x jump in sales by the end of the three day period.
Unboxing key trends
The sale witnessed highest growth from North and West, with all regions more than trebling the average sales. Within cities, the largest number of buyers came from cities like Lucknow, Patna, Jaipur, Bhubaneshwar, Kanpur, Jammu, Nagpur, Varanasi, Ludhiana, Jamshedpur, and Surat.
Maximum sales were reported in the prepaid category, reflecting the growing popularity of the medium, as well the success of specially curated offers for prepaid customers like a 10% additional discount offer on SBI cards.
The other promotional offer that found deep resonance with customers was the Buy 3 Get 10% additional Instant discount offer. A large majority of consumer availed this industry best offer, during the three day sale.
Given that we are in peak summer season, and with summer holidays just around the corner, products that help beat the heat did exceptionally well. ACs and coolers registered a 6x growth. Juicers Mixers Grinders also were a popular choice sold at an 8x and water purifiers sold at 7x the sales on an average day. Also, Home Theater Systems was also a favorite category, registering a 9X growth during the same period.
Snapdeal had the best prices across portals for many branded products. However, both top brands and private labels received a resounding response, across categories. Brands that performed outstandingly well included:
- Cookware from Pigeon and Surya Accent sales increased by 25X
- Prestige Juicer Mixer Grinders sales increased by 26X
- JBL home theatre systems sales increased by 60X
- American Tourister sales increased by 16 times
- Water purifiers sales from Kent and PureIt increased by 20X
- Sarees from major private labels recorded a 3x sale
- Sony speakers’ sales increased by 7x
- HP printers sales increased by 6x
- TVs from Weston and Sony sales increased by 10x and 7x respectively
- XOLO Era 2 sales increased by 6x
- Lenovo Z2 Plus sales increased by 20X
- Samsung Galaxy J3 sales increased by 6X
- Micromax Spark Vdeo sales increased by 9X
- Apple 5S sales increased by 5X
Commenting on the success of the sale, Vishal Chadha, Chief Business Officer, Snapdeal said, “We are very happy with the response that Grand Unbox sale has generated. The rapid growth of sales across all tiers is a witness to how quickly E-commerce is expanding across the country, and the strength of Snapdeal brand among our consumers. We thank our sellers and for their continued partnership in bringing the best products and offers to our customers.”