SVF, Eastern India’s largest entertainment company, today announced the launch of Hoichoi, the much awaited one-stop digital content platform which is home to the largest collection of the best in Bengali entertainment.
Vishnu Mohta, Co-Founder – Hoichoi and Executive Director – SVF, said, “Hoichoi is the ultimate destination for Bengali entertainment, with something on offer for every Bengali – young or old, movie buff or music lover, student or working professional. We wish to connect with all of them, worldwide, on Hoichoi.”
Hoichoi’s Original Web Series cuts across genres like Thriller, Drama, Horror, Romance, Comedy, showcasing some of the best acting talent of the Indian entertainment industry, and created by the finest production houses and directorial talent.
Shrikant Mohta, Co-Founder – SVF & Hoichoi said, “We have been entertaining audiences over the last 20 years as storytellers, creators and distributors of the best entertainment content across cinemas and television. With the world moving to mobile, we decided to diversify into digital content with Hoichoi and created exclusive content for the same. The creative freedom this space offers is unparalleled.”
Hoichoi, which means non-stop excitement, is being launched with a strong content portfolio of Original Web-Series, over 500 Bengali movies and more than 1000 Bengali songs for audio streaming to serve the entertainment needs of Bengali audiences globally.
Mahendra Soni, Co-Founder – SVF & Hoichoi said, “We strongly believe in the mantra ‘Content is King’. With our extensive content library, we are sure our subscribers will be spoilt for choice. We plan to invest substantially to make some of the best and freshest premium content available on Hoichoi, to cater to Bengalis globally.”
Hoichoi, powered by ViewLift, the international content distribution platform and Amazon Web Services, world’s leading cloud computing solution provider, will enable subscribers to stream videos seamlessly. Rediffusion Y&R is the creative agency behind Hoichoi’s visual identity and advertising campaigns.
Ten important features of the Hoichoi app:
- Content Library – largest collection of the best in Bengali entertainment content with Original Web Series, over 500 movies and more than 1000 songs
- AD free Seamless Viewing Experience – Unlimited HD video streaming
- Multi-Device Capability – Hoichoi app is available for download on Android and iOS. It supports viewing across all popular platforms – Mobiles, PCs, Laptops and Tablets. It is also Chromecast and AirPlay enabled, and will be coming soon on Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Roku
- Download Now, Watch Later – Offline download facility available for content
- User Interface – Subscribers will enjoy a smooth user experience, with a well-designed interface and appropriate classification of content
- English Subtitles
- Multiple Payment Options including UPI, carrier billing coming soon
- Programmatic Search Engine – gives accurate search results and relevant autocomplete suggestions in an instant
- Competitive Subscription Rates – With three introductory plans – 3 months (Rs. 149), 6 months (Rs. 249), 12 months (Rs. 399), the subscription rates are competitively priced at less than Rs 1.10 a day (for the annual plan). International Rates: Monthly – $8.99 & Annual – $79.99
- Coming Soon – Kids content, Music streaming
Hoichoi will be rolling out entertaining and edgy Original Web Series spanning across some of the most popular genres on offer.
- Byomkesh, which is one of the most celebrated Bengali fictional detective characters created by Saradindu Bandopadhyay, slips into a much more hands-on avatar in the ‘Byomkesh’ web series by Hoichoi. It is an amalgamation of six stories divided into three episodes. Set in 1930s, the series is based on the adventures of Byomkesh and his friend and biographer Ajit, who usually accompanies the former during his investigations. Anirban Bhattacharya plays Byomkesh, while Subrat Dutta portrays the role of Ajit. Ridhima Ghosh is Satyabati, Byomkesh’s better half.
- Hello – The thriller stars Raima Sen as Nandita and Joy Sengupta as Ananyo, a happily married couple with two kids. Soon after Ananyo starts having an extra-marital affair with Nina played by Priyanka Sarkar, Nandita’s phone is flooded with numerous MMS-es from an unknown number recording Ananyo’s private moments outside marriage. Nandita becomes obsessed with the curiosity and the mystery grows darker when she begins to find hidden messages in every video.
- Trailer: http://bit.ly/HelloHoichoi
- Cartoon is a horror show starring Paayel Sarkar as Jiniya and Mainak Banerjee as Aritra, the cartoonist. When Aritra shifts to a new flat he soon realizes that there is something eerie about the house after he meets with some paranormal experiences. As the story progresses, he realizes that it’s not him but the cartoons he has drawn that are bothering the spirit residing in his flat.
- Trailer: http://bit.ly/CartoonHoichoiTrailer
- Dupur Thakurpo, directed by Debaloy Bhattacharya and starring superstar Swastika Mukherjee as Uma Boudi, is an adult comedy where Jibon Babu played by Abhijit Guha, brings home a beautiful, young and vivacious bride, Uma. However, he is blissfully oblivious of the trouble likely to brew when he agrees to let out three rooms to six young men on Uma’s insistence. Some not-so-appropriate things start happening. Five of the men are completely enamored by Uma Boudi’s charms, ready to lay down their lives for a smile or a glance from her, while she plays around with them like a
- Music Promo: http://bit.ly/DupurThakurpo
- Holy Faak is the dramatic story of how a girl’s grandmother (Ratna Ghoshal) and a boy’s grandfather (Paran Bandhapadhyay) plot to bring back their estranged grandchildren together. The Original Web Series stars Anamika Chakraborty as the girl, Diya and Soumya Mukherji as the boy, Indra, respectively.
- Trailer: http://bit.ly/HolyFaakHoichoi
- Bouma Detective is a captivating mystery – where a wife dons the hat of a sleuth and is on a mission to save her superstar husband, prime suspect in a murder case, by finding the actual murderer. The impressive cast includes Rohit Roy as Ronojoy and Aparajita Auddy as Rohini.