CNN-News18 lines up special programming for Union Budget 2018
Every year the country, from individuals to corporates, await the Union Budget with tremendous expectations. The Budget undoubtedly puts forth the national economic priorities as well as the Government’s economic priorities set for the next one year, and therefore directly impacts people and entities across the country. The Budget this year assumes even greater significance since it is the last full budget to be presented by the Modi Government before the 2019 General Elections.
CNN-News18 has put together an extensive programming plan to comprehensively cover various issues pertaining to the Budget. The programming would focus on the decoding the Budget, examining need for specific interventions and ultimately evaluating its impact on individuals, industry and the overall economic climate of the country.
The CNN-News programming plan on the Budget will include.
- Economic Survey Coverage: CNN-News18 will do live coverage of and discuss various key aspects of the Economic Survey is being presented.
- Union Day Budget Programming: Live coverage of Union Budget including post budget discussion and analysis with experts.
- Budget Yatra: A 3 episode special series wherein the channel’s reporters will travel across the country to assess the ground situation with specific reference to rural distress, job losses and infrastructure.
- Axe the Tax: CNN-News18’s award winning show; A weeklong series that will take the viewers expectation on Budget related issues directly to the Finance Minister
- Budget on Campus: A 3 episode special series wherein a CNN-News18 anchor will travel to different B-Schools across the country to get students’ take on the upcoming Budget
- If I Were FM: A special segment which will would get common people to voice what they would have done had they been the FM
- 10 things FM Must Do: A special discussion based show on the 10 most important things which the Finance Minister should implement in Budget 2018
- Budget Before Budget: India’s Viewpoint: 2 special shows wherein CNN-News18’s Executive Editor Bhupendra Chaubey will discuss the politics behind the upcoming Budget, especially with several state elections scheduled this year followed by General Elections in 2019.
Catch all the action around Union Budget 2018 on CNN-News18, all through January and on 1st February, the Union Budget Day.