#BefikarBookKar with MakeMyTrip!
MakeMyTrip, India’s leading travel company unveiled its latest offering via a new TVC featuring its brand ambassadors Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt today. This is in line with its Hotels campaign that was launched in March this year, focusing on providing compelling reasons to customers to book Hotels online. The new commercial addresses consumers’ concerns with regards to last minute hotel booking cancellations and corresponding charges.
In the online hotel booking category, Price, Assortment and Flexibility are key category drivers. While the first two TVCs highlighted the unmatched price competitiveness and convenience of booking Hotels on MakeMyTrip, the latest TVC showcases the flexibility aspect of booking on MakeMyTrip platform. One of the key barriers for customers in the context of Online Hotels are the cancellation charges. By levying zero cancellation fee on hotel bookings, MakeMyTrip is further catalyzing offline to online booking behavior amongst category fence sitters and non-users. The 6 week long promotion was launched on 20th April and will continue until 31st May 2016.
Commenting on the new TVC and offering, Saujanya Shrivastava, CMO, MakeMyTrip said “The online hotels segment has tremendous potential and is growing at a fast pace. Through this value proposition, MakeMyTrip is now uniquely positioned to offer great discounts, widest range and zero cancellation benefit – a package that will help unlock the category. With this new offering, we want to pass on the benefit of zero cancellation fee & 100% refund to our customers. We believe that this will aid in new user acquisition for our online hotels segment and thereby help meet our larger business strategy of driving penetration of online hotel bookings in India.”
The characters in the TVC has been brought to life by Publicis Worldwide and has been directed by Amit Sharma. Talking about the creative concept, Bobby Pawar, Managing Director, South Asia, Publicis Worldwide said, “The always surprising saga of Alia and Ranveer takes a fun turn with this ad. It is based on the insight that life often throws a monkey wrench on people’s plans, even when it comes to hotel bookings. The story is of an odd, but loveable, couple, whose characters are brought to life brilliantly by the two stars.”
The high decibel national multi media 360 degree campaign has been heavily promoted on TV, Radio, Outdoor, Social Media and Digital Platforms from 20th March onwards and the new TVC is taking the story of hassle-free hotel bookings forward. The TVC will be on air from 25 April onwards until the end of May on GECs, news channels and movie channels.
Details of the offering
- Under the offering, MakeMyTrip allows customers free cancellation on all domestic hotels until 2 pm the day before the check-in date (ie., if check-in is on 15th April, free cancellation is valid till 2 pm on 14th April), post which Hotel cancellation policy will apply
- The Free Cancellation offer is valid for the bookings made during the period 20th April, 2016 and 31st May, 2016 for stay in domestic hotels listed on the MakeMyTrip platform.
- The Free Cancellation offer can be availed for a maximum of 5 transactions per user (same email id or phone number)
- Bookings made under this offer will not support online modifications (which includes date change, name change, addition/removal of rooms and addition of guests).
- Client: MakeMyTrip
- Creative Agency: Publicis Worldwide
- Managing Director and CCO, South Asia (Creative) : Bobby Pawar
- National Creative Director: Joy Mohanty
- Production house: Chrome Pictures
- Director (film): Amit Sharma
- Producer: Poonam Wahi
- Voice Over: Sameep Nanda
- Location Courtesy: The Imperial Palace
- Duration: 45 secs
- Language: Hindi, Telegu, Tamil and Kannada