Taboola (Nasdaq: TBLA), a global leader in powering recommendations for the open web, helping people discover things they may like, today announced growth for its trust portfolio which includes new and existing third party accreditations including IAS, DoubleVerify, Newsguard, TAG, IAB UK, as well as content moderation advancements, focused on brand safety and suitability.
Taboola’s brand safety certifications and partnerships empower advertisers to spend with confidence on Taboola, ensuring ads run on trusted publisher sites, brands can control the environments where ads run, and that they are working with a technology partner that has been independently verified to adhere to best practices in brand safety and suitability.
Taboola has dozens of external partnerships, certifications and accreditations which add to an already robust internal investment in brand safety, named Taboola Trust. The Taboola Trust team is made up of 55 full-time content reviewers across the globe who review and re-review advertiser content across thousands of criteria in 13 different languages. In 2021, Taboola’s content review team reviewed more than 64.5 million items and has seen a 212% increase in activity year-over-year.
Taboola’s trust portfolio includes new and existing partnerships with the world’s leading third party experts in brand safety and suitability, including:
- Integral Ad Science (IAS): Working with the global leader in digital ad verification to introduce the first-ever integration to directly apply pre-bid brand safety within a native discovery platform. With this integration, performance advertisers have the ability to achieve their marketing goals across Taboola’s large audience.
- IAB Tech Lab: Taboola has achieved the Open Measurement for Web Video certification by the IAB Tech Lab, a consortium of digital publishers, ad technology firms, and agencies that focuses on solutions for brand safety and more. This new certification verifies that all video ads that run via Taboola publisher sites can be measured against IAB’s widely adopted standards. The world’s leading brands and media agencies require their technology partners to adhere to these standards.
- IAB UK: Achieving a Gold Standard 2.0 Certification by the United Kingdom’s industry body for digital advertising. By achieving this certification, the IAB has verified Taboola, through a thorough vetting process, as a technology provider that upholds high standards in brand safety, user experience and more.
- Newsguard: Taboola has access to publisher trust ratings from Newsguard, a leading technology tool that verifies the credibility of publishers. These independent ratings are made possible by Newsguard’s wide roster of trusted journalists that assess publishers against a wide range of criteria including credibility and transparency. Taboola relies on Newsguard in addition to its own content review teams.
- DoubleVerify (DV): Taboola’s advertiser partners have access to DV’s standard brand safety and suitability targeting technology, allowing for control over the quality of where their ads are placed. These settings can be customized by advertisers based on DV’s deep ontological expertise and industry-leading brand safety and suitability controls.
- TAG: Taboola has been awarded the TAG Brand Safety Certified Seal from the Trustworthy Accountability Group (TAG), an organization that works to increase trust and transparency in digital advertising. aboola was required to prove it was safe for brands through a variety of measures, including having a robust policy, transparency around content moderation, and thorough validation.
“We set rigorous standards for ourselves when it comes to brand safety, suitability and transparency,” said Adam Singolda, CEO and founder, Taboola. “Internally, that means a large investment in a team that works around the clock to make sure that our publishers and advertisers are in line with policies. This human element is extremely important because no A.I.-only approach to content review will ever be enough. Externally, we’re fortunate to work with a growing list of the leading names in brand safety and suitability. We’re giving advertisers and publishers peace of mind that their partnership with Taboola will thrive, in the right way.”