ABP Majha conducts MajhaVignharta Awards in Maharashtra
India’s leading Marathi news channel, ABP Majha conducted ‘MajhaVignharta Awards’, a prestigious felicitation on the occasion of AnanthChathurti, the last day of the 11-day long festival. These awards recognised and felicitated the mettlesome spirit of the mandals of Maharashtra, which have made significant contributions to the state.
Having concluded a special donation drive and programming initiatives on Ganesh Chathurthi, ABP Majha drew the legendary BappaMajha campaign to a close, with this special award felicitation. The awards were personally distributed to the mandals by Mr. Aadesh Bandekarand various other dignitaries of the state. The aim of the awards was to bring the contributions and brave efforts of the mandals of Maharashtra to light and inspire positive action in the society. ABP Majha has been dedicatedly working towards the betterment of the community, especially during our fight against COVID-19.
The mandals which were awarded as a part of this initiative included the following:
- 1. Ekjut Ganesh Mandal, Kolhapur, a unitedGanesh Mandal which undertook various positive societal initiatives amid the COVID-19 crisis, one of the most significant being their construction of a 25-bed Kovid Center. It was the first Ganesh Mandal to set up a Kovid Center to distribute food grains.
- 2. SansthanGanpati, Aurangabad, celebrated the festival with simplicity, by hosting a health camp and blood donation camp among other essential activities.
- BhaurangariGaneshotsav Mandal, Pune, carried out various social activities &cultural programs, and also took up the task of providing food to those in need.
- Santi Ganeshotsav Mandal, Nagpurtook up the responsibility to distribute medicines to those in need.
- Jai Hanuman Bal Mitra Mandal, Thane encouraged devotees to bring shahales instead of fruits, flowers, and prasad. The grains collected by them were distributed to 500 families.
- Sunday KaranjaGaneshotsav Mandal, Nashikcelebrated Ganeshotsav in peace and simplicity for the first time in its 103-year history of Ganeshotsav, by complying with the government’s decisions to maintain social distancing.
- Suvarna Yoga Friends Circle, Solapur has been dedicatedly doing social work since the past 15 years. This time, they conducted health camps and provided food to VD workers & loom workers.
- ParleswarGaneshotsav Mandal, Mumbai did a commendable job in organizing a blood donation camp and volunteering to deliver groceries to senior citizens. They also distributed medicines to those in need, PPE kits to employees working in Mumbai cemeteries, and installed plastic covers for rickshaw drivers in Mumbai to ensure social distancing.
- ChinchpokliGaneshotsav Mandal, Mumbai carried out blood donation camps and did everything in their power to help the needy. The king of Lalbaugmade a historic decision not to install the idol this time and celebrated the Agoryotsav. His efforts were lauded immensely.
On this heartfelt token of appreciation, Mr. Avinash Pandey, CEO, ABP Network said, “Promoting, inspiring, and rewarding positive social action is an integral and foundational part of our organization’s DNA and culture. MajhaVignharta Awards is one of the many initiatives of ABP Network, dedicated towards community outreach. This time, ABP Majha aspired to be a leading & inspiring voice during the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi which has been upended by the COVID-19 crisis – to provide aid to craftsmen and other associated small businesses which depend on the festival for their livelihood. We hope our efforts will light up the spirits of the people of the state.”