Latest News Advertising, Brand, Television, Radio, Digital-Marketing

Type to search

Awards

Mithila Palkar, Pankaj Tripathi, Jackie Shroff compete for News18 iReel Awards 2019

MediaInfoline September 12, 2019
Share

News18.com announces the second edition of its marquee property – News18 iReel Awards 2019. This is to honour the best in the world of web shows.

The award ceremony is set to take place on September 23 in Mumbai. News18 iReel Awards 2019 will celebrate the outstanding contributions of brave and talented digital storytellers who have created binge-worthy shows for the Indian audience.

The evening promises to be a star-studded affair that will see nominees like Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Pankaj Tripathi, Jackie Shroff, Shefali Shah, Dia Mirza, Shweta Tripathi compete to win these coveted awards. The nominations include the exceptional work put forth by these stars for their remarkable performances in Sacred Games 2, Delhi Crime, Criminal Justice and other names that are wildly popular not only in India but enjoy a global presence as well.

Over the years, content on the OTT platform has changed dramatically. While some shows have followed a set pattern, others have shown the willingness to explore beyond the regular storylines. News18 iReel Awards intends to support such shows that have rewritten and redefined the rules of the game. Bringing together content creators, performers, digital influencers and storytellers under one roof, the event seeks to create a-night-to-remember.

The first edition of the awards ceremony saw leading players from the Indian OTT space being recognized and rewarded for their exceptional work. Witnessing avid participation from platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hotstar, Hungama, ALTBalaji, YouTube among others; the nominations were divided into categories such as Best Drama, Best Comedy, Best Actor Male (Drama), Best Actor Female (Drama), Best Actor Male (Comedy), Best Actor Female (Comedy) etc. Last year, ‘Sacred Games’ won a host of awards which saw Nawazuddin Siddiqui bag the Best Actor (Drama) along with claiming the Best Drama, Best Writing (Drama), Best Ensemble Cast, Best Supporting Actor (Jitendra Joshi).

For this year’s edition, the winners of the prestigious awards are being identified through a panel of jury and via online voting. Helmed by renowned film critic Rajeev Masand, the panel will also include Priyanka Sinha Jha, Group Editor, Entertainment, Network18. The audience and readers of News18 are also invited to vote for the best storytellers of 2018. The voting lines are open now. While the online voting has a 20% weightage on the final results, the jury panel will account for the rest 80%.

Tags:

You Might also Like

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1 × three =