PMI India calls for nominations for PMI India Awards 2018
Project Management Institute (PMI) India, the world’s leading not-for-profit professional membership association for the project management profession, has announced nominations for PMI India Awards 2018. PMI has been administering these awards in India since 2009 to honor excellence in the project management community.
PMI India Awards Program is well recognized by Industry, Government, NGOs and project practitioners as the most prestigious award for projects and the project management community in India. It provides tremendous media exposure across various media channels for the winning organizations. Besides great visibility, it is a fitting acknowledgement to the organization for their valuable contribution to the project management profession and community. The applicants can submit their nominations at www.pmi.org.in/awards without bearing any application fee.
Some past winners of the PMI India awards include esteemed organizations viz. L&T, TCS, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd., Tata Housing Development Company, Cognizant, ONGC, Reliance Industries, Ericsson, LV Prasad Eye Institute, EFICOR, etc.
The PMI Awards 2018 has been divided in six categories that recognizes and honours a project team that has delivered superior results through exemplary application of project management principles.
- Project of the year – Contribution to the Community
- Project of the year – NGO
- Category Large – A project or program or similar initiative which has budget project cost of more than INR 1,000 crores
- Category Medium – A project or program or similar initiative which has budget project cost between INR 100 crores to INR 1,000 crores
- Category Small – A project or program or similar initiative which has budget project cost less than INR 100 crores but more than INR Five crores
- Category Micro – A project or program or similar initiative which has budget project cost less than INR 5 crores but more than INR Fifty lakhs
Each category will have maximum of one winner and one runner- up. The winners will be announced at the Project Management National Conference 2018, in New Delhi to be held in October.
The application process is divided in two stages – Preliminary and Final. In the preliminary stage, nominee will have to submit brief information about the nomination before April 30th, 2018. In the final stage, the shortlisted nominee is required to submit detailed information about the project before June 30th, 2018.