Sarvajanik Ganeshoutsav & Parle Sports Club Win The 3rd Edition Of Red Bull Jod Ke Tod
The 03rd Edition of Red Bull Jod Ke Tod drew its curtain on a sensational note as Sarvajanik Ganeshoutsav Mandal & Parle Sports Club were crowned men’s and women’s champions respectively. With winning timings of 16.84 seconds (men’s category) & 19.83 seconds (women’s category), both teams emerged victorious after an edge of the seat nail biting final event. Pyaari Nagar and Parle Sports Academy emerged runner-ups in the male and female categories respectively
Red Bull Jod Ke Tod, usually organized a week prior to Gokulashtami, aims at giving the popularly celebrated community festival sporting makeover. The 2017 edition of Red Bull Jod Ke Tod received an overwhelming response as over 40 teams of women and men from the city’s best dahi handi mandals went head to head at making the fastest, tallest and strongest human pyramids in numerous rounds to become the champion of Red Bull Jod Ke Tod in Mumbai.
Adding a flair of entertainment and an authentic traditional touch to the atmosphere was the battle of the traditional Dhol Tasha bands where team Mi Urankar beat the two other teams Shiv Dhan & Maharaj in a league format. The parameters they were judged on were theme, rhythm synchronization, and leadership. It was the perfect filler at Red Bull Jod Ke Tod Event to ensure that the energy of the teams and crowd remained high throughout.
Red Bull Jod Ke Tod, held at MET ground in Bandra also hosted climbing sensation and Red Bull athlete Tuhin Satarkar, who was immersed and impressed in the thrilling display put on by the teams as he pushed the athletes with his non-stop cheering.
Interacting with the athletes at the events Tuhin said, “Being a Maharashtrian, Gokulashtami has a very special place in my heart. While Dahi Handi has always been rooted in tradition, Red Bull Jod Ke Tod is instrumental in recognizing and elevating the agility, athleticism and courage of these incredible women and men participating.”
Sonali Katkar, participant from Parle Sports Club, the winners of Red Bull Jod Ke Tod in the female category said “We are excited to win Red Bull Jod Ke Tod, a great platform to win the Dahi Handi Competition with great safety measures like helmet, on a mat and great rules and regulations. Extremely well organized by Red Bull.”
In addition, present at the event was Adv. MLA Ashish Shelar who presented the Red Bull Jod Ke Tod championship trophy to the winning teams.
Red Bull Jod Ke Tod 2017 Rules
- All participants must be of age 18 and above (Born on or before 1st August 1999
- All participants must produce original proof of age and identification on request
- Each team must comprise of a minimum of 25 members and a maximum of 35 members only
- An individual can participate in the tournament as part of no more than one team
- All individuals are participating at their own risk, the organizers are not responsible for any injury occurring during the tournament
- All team members must submit their indemnity forms before participating in the tournament
- All participants must abide by the rules and regulations provided by the organizers and must respect the decision of the officials
- Any individual found – causing disputes between two teams / resorting to physical violence / behaving in a manner deemed as misconduct by the officials and organizers is liable to be disqualified as well as removed from the venue
- In the event of any dispute, the officials will reach a resolution with both team captains only after the team members of both teams have left the playing field
- Rights of admission to the venue are reserved by the organizing committee