Amazon Business Launches Business-to-Business Global Selling for Indian Exporters
Amazon Business announced the expansion of its Global Selling program by launching B2B selling for Indian exporters. Through this launch, B2B sellers, manufacturers and exporters will be able to reach thousands of business customers across Amazon’s international marketplaces. Started as a pilot late last year, the program has received a positive response with over 2000 exporters registered for B2B global selling at present. Amazon’s B2B Global Selling program is present in US, UK, Germany, France, Japan and India. Once the sellers register for the individual marketplaces, they will then be able to export to the Amazon global marketplaces mentioned.
Indian B2B product exporters on Amazon can now offer a range of products across popular categories such as office products, home, PCs, business, industrial & scientific supplies (BISS) and more. Ranging from sole proprietors to the largest of Fortune 500 enterprises, Indian exporters registered with Amazon Business Global Selling program are able to directly reach out to Amazon’s global business customer base and thus get an opportunity to venture into newer market segments. The program enables features such as business-only pricing and back-end integration that helps exporters manage competitive pricing internationally and assists in managing and fulfilling bulk orders from business customers.
Commenting on the launch, Peeyush Nahar, VP B2B Marketplace Business, Amazon said, “Our Global Selling program simplified the complexities of global trade and helped Indian Sellers showcase their tremendous strengths in quality products across the world. This program has been traditionally targeting B2C customers and has witnessed a fantastic growth! We are extremely happy to expand the scope of our Global Selling program in India for B2B customers. The B2B Global Selling program takes another step by hiding the complexities of procurement processes of Fortune 500 companies from Indian Sellers. Indian Sellers can simply do what they do best: design and manufacture high quality products. Amazon Business’s Global Selling program will get the sellers in front of decisions makers of Fortune 500 companies as well as medium and small corporations across the world. To support tapping this excellent market of business customers for Indian goods globally, the program offers benefits to the Indian sellers such as discounted referral fees for bulk orders, business price and quantity discounts targeted for business customers, single selling account, etc.”
Gopal Pillai, GM & Director Seller Services, Amazon India said, “The launch of B2B Global Selling is another milestone in our commitment to transform the way India buys and sells. Since its launch in 2015 Amazon’s global selling program has opened up new market segments for Indian B2C product exporters across India by giving them easy and convenient access to Amazon’s worldwide customer base. At present, over 32,000 exporters offer over 90 million made-in-India products to customers across Amazon’s 10 global marketplaces. As we continue to witness a continued demand for made in India products across the globe, we believe this is an opportune time to further strengthen the program to enable Indian exporters access to both B2C and B2B market in US, UK, Germany, France and, Japan.”
B2B Sellers under the program will get access to the following benefits to expand and grow their business:
- Discounted Referral Fees for bulk orders: Sellers can now sell in bulk quantities and enjoy lower referral fees on select categories, compared to current fees;
- Business Price and Quantity Discounts targeted for business customers: Sellers can offer business pricing and bulk quantity discounts exclusively to business customers;
- Single Selling Account: Amazon offers sellers the convenience of using a single selling account to manage their inventory and product listings for both B2C and B2B selling;
- Complete control of Pricing, Brand and Messaging: Amazon gives the seller complete control of the messaging—from an individual product detail page, to its brand’s storefront on Amazon. Hence, the seller has the opportunity to put the best offering with the help of relevant content and product videos; and
- Amazon customer service: World-class Amazon customer service through telephone and email to address and resolve issues.