BBC named No. 1 international news brand in India
The BBC has been named the top international news brand in India today by a new independent survey released by Ipsos.
BBC.com was the most read international news website in India, while the audience for BBC World News, the 24-hour international news channel, has grown by 23 per cent – more than four times the growth of CNN
The Ipsos Affluent Survey offers an in-depth view of media usage, consumption behaviour and interests of the affluent target groups.
Vishal Bhatnagar, Sales Director for South Asia, BBC Global News, said: “We are delighted that our audiences in India regard the BBC as the best place to turn to for international news, from a trusted and impartial source. Together with the recent expansion into India of BBC StoryWorks, the global content marketing team within BBC Global News, and products like our new video platform, BBC Reel, this offers advertisers even more reason to come to the BBC to reach quality audiences in a premium environment.”
The Ipsos findings include:
- BBC News app is the most used international news app in India by top management
- BBC News cross platform has grown by 31 per cent in India, which is 13 per cent more than CNBC’s growth and is more than twice the growth of CNN
- BBC.com has grown by 57 per cent in India and is the No. 1 international news website in the country for affluent and business decision makers
- BBC World News is the No. 1 international English news channel in India for affluent people working in the banking and finance sector
- It was also the most watched international English news channel among non-affluent business decision makers in India
- BBC World News is the top choice in India for affluent people who have worked on international business strategies
- BBC.com is the No. 1 international news website in India for managing directors, head of functions and influential opinion leaders