ChekMarc launched Global Social Platform in India
ChekMarc launched a new global social platform in India and which lets members build connections that are life-changing, positive, and supportive network. The platform will privately and securely permit members to offer to search for advice, to achieve positivity.
The platform will come in 35 languages including English, Bengali, Hindi, etc., and is available for everyone above the age of 18. The platform will be accessible from both the website and application and will be available on both Android and iOS operating systems.
ChekMarc was founded by Marc Kaplan (former partner at Deloitte) and Vrinda Johnson (former Executive Director at Russell Reynolds Associates and PwC) and raised $3 Million in seed funding.
Expressing his elation on the global launch, Marc Kaplan, CEO of ChekMarc said, “At a moment when so many people are wondering whether social media is still a worthwhile use of their time and effort, ChekMarc is ready to help drive positive change in the world. We have built ChekMarc to be global. Entering the Indian market is just one additional step in that direction. Our team possesses unique experience and background in the nation with Vrinda, our COO having grown up in India, and our first developers as well as our current technology partners and the lead developer being from there. We believe that the community will welcome a platform like ChekMarc that brings people together in a more safe and secure way that drives positive impact. This is the first of the many international markets that we are foraying into and we are optimistic about the Indian market is an early adopter.’’
“Too often in recent years, the Internet has started to feel like an uncomfortable, hostile place, and it doesn’t have to be that way”, said Vrinda Johnson, Co-Founder, and COO of ChekMarc. “We want to build a strong community of individuals who are passionate about learning and sharing ideas to grow personally and professionally. We aim to fulfill the hopes of many for a safer, secure, and trustworthy community of verified people who are dedicated to helping each other make meaningful change and achieve goals. Building impactful connections that unite humanity and uplift each other -that’s fundamentally what ChekMarc is about, and that’s what we will tirelessly continue to build.”
- Verified Community Members: ChekMarc is free for anyone age 18 and over. Members are encouraged to verify their identities (securely) to promote trust and confidence across the community and to enable meaningful connections with real people.
- Private Conversations: Instead of the clutter and noise that sometimes piles up online, ChekMarc creates a more safe and positive space for one-on-one connections where both people must agree to connect. This helps create an environment for a more meaningful and positive impact without the whole world barging in.
- No Ads, No Transactions: ChekMarc does not sell members’ information nor flood the site with ads. ChekMarc members also agree to interact without a financial ask from one another – no financial exchange is allowed to change hands between members.
- No Popularity Contests: ChekMarc also does not allow any kind of popularity, engagement metrics, such as likes, shares, forwards or follows. ChekMarc is not about numbers or data it is about people – and creating meaningful connections between people.
- Focus on Learning and Creating Change: When you join ChekMarc, you have an opportunity to make a significant impact in your life and/or that of someone else. You make it happen. It is beyond mentorship or subject matter expertise. It is two people agreeing to connect to make a difference in each other’s lives, one by achieving something important and the other by making a difference in someone’s life.
- Positivity: ChekMarc believes in providing an uplifting and supportive community experience. It takes content moderation very seriously and has gone to great lengths to enable a positive experience where content is moderated to reflect the values of ChekMarc. ChekMarc will not tolerate members who do not adhere to its community guidelines and will be unapologetic about it.