Click2Protect Health–a one stop solution for life and health cover
HDFC Life Insurance Company and Apollo Munich Health Insurance Company have come together to launch the Click2Protect Health plan. This plan combines the benefits of HDFC Life’s Click2Protect 3D Plus protection plan and Apollo Munich’s Optima Restore health indemnity plan, which are both leading products in their respective categories.
Click2Protect Health is an insurance plan that will cover the protection and health needs of an individual.
The combined offering boasts of features which include:
- Lumpsum payment which offers financial protection against critical illness, death and disability. Extra life cover is available, which covers accidental death
- Waiver of future premiums on account of accidental total permanent disability or on diagnosis of critical illness
- Special premium rates for women and non-tobacco users
- Hospitalisation benefit which covers in-patient treatment, pre-and post hospitalisation expenses along with restore benefit (cover amount is restored for another illness or family member) and multiplier benefit (upon a claim free year, the basic sum insured increases by 50% and, if the second year too is claim free, then the basic sum insured is doubled)
- Critical Advantage Rider which covers 8 critical illnesses such as cancer, heart ailments, etc. It provides cashless treatment overseas, for these illnesses
- There is a reward for staying healthy – Stay Active Benefit
There is a discount of 5% on the combined premium in offline channels
Mr. Subrat Mohanty, Sr. EVP & Head, Strategy, Operations, Business Systems & Technology, & Health, HDFC Life Insurance Company, said, “At HDFC Life, we are constantly innovating to address changing customer needs. We decided to partner with Apollo Munich to offer Click2Protect Health as it combines the benefits of HDFC Life’s Click2Protect 3D Plus and Apollo Munich’s Optima Restore. This product is competitively priced to enable customers to secure their life and health with a single plan.”
Mr. Antony Jacob, Chief Executive Officer, Apollo Munich Health Insurance Company, said, “In our journey to uncomplicate health insurance, we at Apollo Munich always focus on providing simple yet exceptional products and services to our customers. To take our promise of ‘Let’s Uncomplicate’ one step ahead, we have tied up with HDFC Life to offer both life and health insurance under the same plan. One form, one policy document and one point of contact for both their insurance needs will certainly uncomplicate our customers’ lives. We are excited to partner with HDFC Life to offer Click 2 Protect Health as they are not only positioned as one of the leading life insurers in India but also resonate our core belief of innovation to enhance customer experience.”
The product is available at affordable rates. For a 30 year old non-smoker male, for Rs. 50 lakhs of life cover and Rs. 3 lakhs of health cover, the premium would be as low as Rs. 860 per month.
Customers can choose from Life Option, 3D Life Option, Extra Life Option, Extra Life Income and Lifelong Protection, with restoration of sum insured of the health cover in policy year if inflicted with another disease. Additionally, customers will benefit from the large network of Apollo Munich Health Insurance, where they can select cashless hospitalization across 4500 hospitals in over 800 cities, covering spouse, children, parents, and in-laws i.e. dependents up to 6 at separate individual premiums.
The Plan rewards the insured person with the Stay Active Benefit. Insured customers get rewarded with a discount at each renewal on achievement of their target step-count. There is a target step count which every customer has, which is monitored for a specific time interval via Apollo Munich’s Health Jinn mobile app. Insured customers get rewarded with a discount at each renewal on achievement of their target step-count.
Tax benefits are available for the product under both Sections of 80C and 80D of the Income Tax Act, subject to change in tax laws.
- For protection, there are nine options available – Life Option, 3D Life Option, Extra Life Option, Income Option, Extra Life Income, Income Replacement Option, Return of Premium Option, Lifelong Protection, 3D Lifelong Protection Option. Out of these five are currently available – Life Option, 3D Life Option, Extra Life Option, Extra Life Income and Lifelong Protection. The rest will be available very soon.
- Customers can choose between one of these and combine it with the Health option.
- There are two policy term options for protection – one is up to the age of 75 and the second one is whole life.
- The term for the Health plan is lifelong.
- There are flexible premium payment options which include single pay, limited payment term as well as regular payment.