Dineout Urges People To Celebrate Women’s Personal & Professional Achievements With Femtastic 2.0
- Dineout Passport by Dineout is a membership program that offers 1+1 on food, drinks and buffet to over 2,000+ premier restaurants and bars including 5-star hotels, premium standalone outlets & chains.
- Available in Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Pune, Ahmedabad and Chennai among other leading cities, Dineout Passport’s partners include The Leela, The Ritz Carlton, JW Marriott, Taj, The Lalit, Pullman, Novotel, Cafe Delhi Heights, Plum by Bentchair, Punjab Grill, SodaBottleOpenerWala, Mamagoto, and Oh! Calcutta among other leading restaurants.
Speaking on this initiative Mr. Sahil Jain, Co-Founder, Dineout, said “We are excited to host the second edition of our industry-wide Femtastic drive along with members of the F&B fraternity. Foodtech is at the forefront of innovation within the global F&B industry, and we feel it’s high time we encourage the rise of women in this conventionally male-dominated industry and promote equal opportunities, inclusivity, and gender equality. Challenging archaic notions in both the professional and personal spheres is key to driving change, and we are committed to celebrating women’s achievement, raise awareness against bias and take action for equality!”
As part of this initiative, Dineout Passport has unveiled a bonafide #ChooseToChallenge video showcasing its employees pledging to strive towards a more gender-equal workplace and industry, going above and beyond to uphold a more nuanced perspective on women.
Watch the video on their YouTube channel
Celebrating Women’s Achievements
On the occasion of International Women’s Day, Dineout Passport, a premium membership program from Dineout, has unveiled the second edition of its flagship #Femtastic 2.0 programme. A first-of-its-kind initiative that celebrates the personal and professional achievements of women across industries. In line with the 2021 theme of #ChooseToChallenge, the brand is raising awareness on gender biases and urging collective action against gender stereotypes by broadening perception on the role of women in modern society.
Dineout Passport experiences also hosted an event called “Challenge the present to change the future: The voice of an equal world” as we #ChooseToChallenge the norms, at The Grand, New Delhi. The discussion was moderated by Parul Kaul (Head Marketing, Dineout Passport) and the panel included Harshita Singh (Head of Business Strategy & Revenue- Times Prime), Shrishti Thakur (Senior Account Director- Adfactors PR), Shivani Mirchandani (Co-founder- Minus 30), Aparna Andrews (Co-founder – Biryani Blues), Vipul Kamboj (General Manager – The Grand New Delhi) and Sahil Jain (Co-founder- Dineout).
- The discussion proceeded with panellists sharing their personal experiences at the workplace and the challenges faced by women while navigating various aspects of work life.
- Biases, perceptions, workplaces laws that lead to a skewed gender ratio in certain industries were also part of the conversation.
- Also discussed was a study commissioned by DIAGEO a couple of years ago, which highlighted that women accounted for almost 70% of the workforce in the hospitality sector in the world.
- Despite that supremacy, only 20% of them hold general managerial positions.
Mr. Vipul Kamboj, General Manager – The Grand New Delhi Hotel & Residences who was also one of the panellist added to this
“For years, the hospitality sector was not considered to be a good option for ladies who wanted to work in this industry, but now that has changed drastically. We have women not only working in admin department but also working in operational departments where they take the lead. The Grand New Delhi Hotel & Residences believes in creating an equal opportunity for all the women staff and as the General Manager of this hotel, I am happy that our property has partnered with Dineout Passport’s femtastic campaign on #ChooseToChallenge which is to alert the world to take an action and create an equal world out there of all the ladies. From challenge comes the change, I am challenging the world today and would urge every person out there to #choosetochallenge the world to create a better tomorrow.”