Facebook Changes the ‘Digital Diwali’ Concept With Special Features
This Diwali ramp up your life on Facebook.
As the pandemic makes grand Diwali celebrations with gatherings impossible, social media are our only chances of redeeming ourselves. Keeping in mind the notions of sharing and caring that people show on Facebook, the social media platform has come up with an excellent to brighten our lives.
You might not be able to deck up in new clothes and meet people socially but surely you can socialize. Facebook’s idea of custom made Diwali digital avatar for socializing over the app this Diwali is an interesting addition to the mundane festival.
The social networking site has launched a bundle of features to add an element of fun to your virtual Diwali celebrations this year. The options include Diwali ready avatars with personalized and a charade of fun challenges to indulging in a festive banter with friends and family.
So, what if you can go out? Your Facebook avatar can.
So, deck up with your Diwali Avatar and greet your friends and then celebrate the festival of lights with fun and frolic.
The Facebook Diwali Features:
The new bundle of features includes:
Challenge your friends and family –
- Share a photo or video of how you are celebrating Diwali at home with your family with the hashtag #DiwaliAtHomeChallenge
- create a DIY video of how you recycle light bulbs, candleholders, diyas, and lanterns, and challenge your friends to share their Diwali related DIY projects by using #DIYDiwaliChallenge.
- Start a challenge by simply entering a hashtag in English that ends in the word ‘challenge’, when you go to create a new Facebook post or tap on the “Try It” button when you see another challenge post in your News Feed. Add photos and videos to your challenges post this festive season and nominate your friends and family to join in the fun by tagging them.
Dress up your Avatar:
- Make your short-form text posts even more expressive by sharing a special edition Diwali-themed Avatars Background.
- Type your own words – in any language – over one of the colorful backgrounds with your personalized Avatar to match the theme.
- First, create an Avatar from your mobile device and go to “Create Post” composer on Android or iOS and click “Background Color” and select the Diwali background and you are all set!
Follow Diwali specific content on Facebook using #Diwali2020 and #ShubhDiwali2020