India Today Conclave explores the concept of ‘POWERPLAY’ for its 15th edition
The India Today Conclave, where the sharpest minds from across the globe converge at a forum to discuss and debate issues from around the world, is back. And like previous years, the India Today Group’s signature event, to be held in the Capital on March 17 and March 18, is likely to stir and fuel new ways of thinking.
This year, the idea of clubbing power with play means we are challenging tried and tested notions and reinforcing the idea that the future belongs to those who dare to mix strength with subtlety, inspiration with imagination, passion with playfulness. The Conclave will provide an open platform for communication amongst the finest global experts, be they thought leaders who analyse our age, politicians who determine our headlines, policy makers who shape our future, or entertainers who add some star power to our mundane existence. Star speakers will debate how we will live, eat, work, entertain ourselves and what the future will look, taste and feel like.
The signature event aims at charting a bold new future through free and honest exchange of ideas by bringing together the brightest thought leaders with their ideas, arguments and experiences that allow us to renew, reinvent and re-imagine our present and future.
Speaking on the occasion, Conclave Director Ms. Kalli Purie, said, “This edition of the India Today Conclave is firmly rooted in this millennium and looks ahead rather than at the past. The multi-sensory experience across two days will introduce new ways of communicating, interacting and debating. You will get an opportunity to listen to bright minds and discuss new ideas with old hands; indulge in Mobile Movie Premiers, enjoy book signings from our Author Speakers, hear both sides of the story with our line of peace dialogues, indulge in some Gourmet delights with our special Menus brush shoulders with the best global thought architects and most of all be inspired! Along with a powerful thought flow, the two-day event will also present curated sensory experiences and spell-binding performances by leading change makers that will surely make your participation at the conclave memorable’’.
Come to India’s busiest two days at the India Today Conclave 2016 with the world’s best sharing one stage:
- Amal Clooney, Lawyer, Activist and Author
- Philippe Petit, High Wire Artist
- William Henry ‘Bill’ Andrews, Nobel Laureate, American Molecular Biologist and Gerontologist
- Sheena Iyengar, S. T. Lee Professor of Business, in the Management Division at Columbia Business School & Management Expert
- Nitin Gadkari, Cabinet Minister – Road Transport and Highways & Shipping
- Piyush Goyal, Minister of State (Independent Charge) – Power, Coal and New and Renewable Energy
- Suresh Prabhu, Cabinet Minister – Railways
- Nirmala Sitharaman, Minister of State (Independent Charge) – Commerce and Industry
- Dattatreya Hosabale – Joint General Secretary, RSS
- Shabana Azmi – Actor
- Gul Panag, Actor
- Varun Grover, Comedian & Screenwriter
- Pratap Bhanu Mehta, President, Centre for Policy Research & Political Scientist
- Javed Akhtar – Poet, Lyricist and Scriptwriter
- Zoya Akhtar – Film Director and Screenwriter
- Reham Khan, British Pakistani Broadcast Journalist
- Abhinav Bindra, Sportsperson (Shooter) & a World and Olympic Champion
- Laishram Sarita Devi, Sportsperson (Boxer)
- Gopichand Pullela, Former Badminton Player and Coach
- Sunil Khilnani, Director and Professor of Politics, King’s College, London
- Shaurya Doval, Executive Director, India Foundation
- Daniel Rye Ottosen, Danish Photographer & a former ISIS hostage
- Azadeh Moaveni, Iranian–American Journalist & Author of Lipstick Jihad
- Daniel Benjamin, American Diplomat and Journalist & Former Coordinator for Counterterrorism in US State Department
- Suchi Mukherjee, Founder and CEO, LimeRoad.com
- Aardra Chandra Mouli, Co-Founder, Director, Aeka Biochemicals Pvt. Ltd.
- Ashwini Asokan, Co-Founder, CEO of Mad Street Den
- Tarun Khanna, Jorge Paulo Lemann Professor, Harvard Business School & Director, South Asia Institute, Harvard University
- Ritabrata Banerjee, General Secretary, Students Federation of India (SFI)
- Pradyumna Ramesh, History Teacher, Vasant Valley School
- Yaqoob Khan Bangash, Assistant Professor, Forman Christian College