With safetyas a core focus, Truecaller launches Group Chat
Truecaller announced the introduction of “Truecaller Group Chat”, a free feature that facilitates safe and efficient communication for the Truecaller community. The feature facilitates sharing messages, photos and videos within a closed group of participants created on Truecaller’s instant messaging platform. The feature will be available as an update for Android and iOS users, starting today.
In line with the company’s mission to provide secure and spam-free communication, the new feature is built with a unique invitation-based mechanism, wherein users will receive an invite to “accept” or “decline” their participation in the group. Without an invite acceptance, the feature does not permit group admins to directly add any user to the group.
Furthermore, contact numbers are automatically hidden in group chats unless other members have the number saved in their phone book, or they send a contact request to ask permission to see the user’s phone number.
- Keep your mobile number private – chat in groups without sharing your number with strangers.
- Join groups you really want to join – receive messages only after you accept an invite.
- No more fake group members – see Truecaller profiles of everyone in the group.
Here’s how users can create and invite users to a group chat:
- Open Truecaller
- Navigate to the messaging tab and tap on “Create group chat”
- Add participants, give the group a name (avatar/group photo is optional)
- Select “Add participants to chat” under the the three-dot menu (see below image) to send an invite to the user
- User can either join or reject an invitation to join a group chat