Zee Zest New Show #GoanGullies Takes You on an Unexplored Goa Ride
Now you will get to explore the local cuisine, art, culture of Goa as Zee Zest takes you on a special Goanese tour with Mayur and Rocky. The channel takes its viewers on a journey to explore the unexplored Goa in a hatke andaaz through their latest show Goan Gullies.
Amit Nair, Business Head, Zee Zest reaffirms, “Goan Gullies is an endeavour to showcase the experiential facets of this beautiful state, that would help travellers curate an enthralling and unforgettable holiday. And for those who have already visited, it is an opportunity to discover lesser-known facts and unseen gullies with the most jovial hosts, and a chance to appreciate Goa through the eyes of its local community. The show is aligned with our vision to UNLimit entertainment through compelling content that embraces all lifestyle aspects from travel, food, history, and intriguing escapades.”
As we gain a sense of normalcy, people are looking forward to traveling mindfully and bringing their lives back on track. A trip to this pocket-sized paradise has been on most of our lists and Goan Gullies seeks to satisfy that wanderlust. Whether you plan a 3 days trip or a 10 days long vacation, there are enough hatke activities to cater to your every need in Goa!
Tune into Zee Zest every Friday and Saturday to watch Rocky & Mayur only on Goan Gullies, premiering 29th January 2021 at 8:30 PM powered by Jawa Motorcycles as ride partner, Maruti Brezza as car partner, Wonder Chef as a Special Partner, and Bosch as an Associate Sponsor.
Exploring the Unexplored Goa
- Take a tour of the most exciting state, which is full of magnificent people, undiscovered art, a sport invented by the locals, culture, and more.
- Join hosts- Rocky Singh and Mayur Sharma, two friends who are known for their wit and spontaneity, as they show you Goa only like a local could!
We have all been to the beaches, the shacks, had the famous Chorizos, and visited the famously known churches.
But Rocky and Mayur will take us on a journey of the unknown where we discover a house older than Taj Mahal, go to a secret location for the ‘hippie theme’ photo session, walk through the village of Demani to meet with a family that preserves the age-old Chitari art and more.
Kickstarting the fun-filled itinerary, Rocky and Mayur meet at Artjuna – a Mediterranean style café, followed by an exciting interaction with Iggy The Bastard – a DJ who believes in building community through experimental ideas.
Each episode captures hatke immersive local experiences like learning Fado music – an expression of love, loss, and guilt, and nuances of Jazz, while Rocky and Mayur meet with the local musicians.
Speaking about this fun-filled show, Rocky Singh says “Goa is becoming a hotspot for domestic and international travellers. Being an travel junkie myself, I was completely in awe of some of the experiences we recorded for the show as I was initially unaware of them. It was great fun to explore the gullies of Goa with my best friend and spend some quality time with Mayur, his family, and the extended family he has made in Goa.”
Mayur Sharma adds, “Rocky and I have been neighbours for 41 years in Delhi and I moved to Goa about 4 years ago. Going on this adventure together was to rekindle our memories, together explore and discover lesser-known destinations, experiences, and stories around Goa. I have lived in Goa for about a while now, yet there are many experiences that were new to me. Through this show, we along with Zee Zest will show you a Goa in a way no one has ever seen before.”
The Key Features of the New Show
- Meet the founder of Cazulo for a one of a kind Feni pairing and tasting experience, the local drink that is made in Goa.
- Visit Goa Brewing Company while our hosts chat with the founder about Goa’s very own craft beer named after a hippie who came to this beautiful state and stayed back like many others.
- Walk down the corridors of the 400-year-old mansion part converted to a museum, part homestay, and enjoy homestyle food in a private dining setup. Watch the hosts baking, make sourdough, and trying their hand at making chorizos.
- Banana Pottery, kiteboarding, dolphin conservation, visit the Three Kings Trail, a tale of the legends of the village that have aided the liberation movement in Goa are things to add to your next Goa trip. Watch Rocky and Mayur playing Sally Ball with friends and extended family in Goa, a game discovered by the locals; all this while watching the most mesmerizing sunsets at pristine white-sand beaches, and a dose of vitamin Sea.