Bigg Boss rules supreme
Hosted by Bollywood’s biggest Superstar Salman Khan, Bigg Boss season 11 continues to rock the rating charts even after 10 seasons, establishing itself as the mother of all reality shows. Over the years, COLORS – India’s leading Hindi premium entertainment channel has redefined the meaning of reality television in India with some path-breaking content like India’s Got Talent, Khatron Ke Khiladi, Rising Star etc. Leading the way with its concept of “an educational show on human behaviour” is Bigg Boss – a cult show that has taken off to a flying start from day one.
- Bigg Boss Season 11 launch episode fetched 6.3 Million viewership, which is the second highest opening for any non-fiction this fiscal after Khatron Ke Khiladi, and is almost 7% higher than Bigg Boss Season 10’s launch episode viewership which was5.9 Million which was also on Colors.
- The weekend episodes of Bigg Boss which airs on Sat & Sun 9pm have established supremacy not only in it’s slot, but dominates viewership across all non-fiction shows on weekends with 11.8 Million viewership
- The weekdays episode of Bigg Boss which airs on Monday to Friday 10:30pm has effectively established Colors as the slot leader with a viewership of 18.9 Million.
- The weekday episodes of Season 11 have garnered 29.3% higher viewership, while weekends have garnered 27.7% more viewership than Season 10 of Bigg Boss.
- Cumulatively, Bigg Boss Season 11 has reached out to more than 151 million viewers i.e. more than 19% of the TV viewing across all India, in its first four weeks of launch and is bound to create new records by the time the Season comes to an end.
Source BMW Software Week 40 – 43 ’17; NCCS 2+ Yrs; HSM Urban