Discovery Plus Stepping Up the Festive Game With 55 New Shows
India’s first aggregated real-life entertainment streaming app, Discovery Plus, has made a mega leap this festive season.
Cashing in the Diwali bonanza, the entertainment app is offering unlimited entertainment this festive season which includes 55 new shoes including epoch documentaries on iconic personalities like Steve Jobs, Winston Churchill, etc.
With this grand plan, Discovery Plus is turning the notion of “Netflix and Chill” to “Discover and Celebrate”. The range of shows available in the festive season will have engaging contents on food, sports, crime, science, adventure, war, history, and much more especially releasing in the month of November.
Truly it has become the fastest-growing streaming platform owing to its diverse content ranging from science to food to lifestyle to adventure to military. More than 40 genres are listed on the app and each one offers hours of exclusive content.
For the Diwali Festive Bonanza, the Indian audience gets to watch some exclusive content in November including shows like India: The Forgotten Army, Gordon’s Great Escape, The Indian Dream Hotel, Hitler’s Money Trail, Everest’s Greatest Mystery, Amma & Appa, Leaving Neverland.
Apart from that several iconic BBC titles like Churchill’s Desert War – The Road to El Alamein, Attenborough and the Giant Dinosaur, Steve Jobs – Billion Dollar Hippy, How To Go To War, Secrets of SAS- In Their Own Words, Food- Delicious Science and I survived a Fatal Flight are also on the line-up.
Shows To Follow in India
For the Indian audience, there are certain shows which will draw more attention than others.
- India the Forgotten Army, a battleground story of the forgotten Indian soldiers who served the Great War or the First World War back in 1914 which would be filled with insights from experts like Shashi Tharoor, Military Historian, Tony McClenaghan amongst others.
- The Indian Dream Hotel, a non-fiction travel and lifestyle film bordering on the Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Dev Patel starrer British Indian film “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel”.
- Attenborough and Giant Dinosaur, showcasing Sir David Attenborough’s dinosaur trail in Argentina.
- Gordon’s Great Escape, a classic twist on Chef Gordon Ramsay’s Hell’s Kitchen, where he goes on a food trail in India discovering what the country’s kitchens and restaurants have to offer.
- Amma & Appa, another East meets West storyline which unearths the mystery of an indo-german love story where a German girl marries a Tamilian boy making way for the Indian family to come to terms with the Germans.
- Steve Jobs, Billion Dollar Holly which chronicles the rise and fall of the Apple founder, Steve Jobs, and the tech company he built.
- Leaving Neverland, telling the scandalous story of the alleged sexual abuse of young boys by Michael Jackson back in 1993. This Dan Reed film received an Emmy for chronicling the lives of 2 boys who were abused in the process.