Voot Select premieres the political drama of the year – The Comey Rule
The US Presidential Election 2020 is the most anticipated political event unfolding in a matter of weeks. But before the dynamics of world politics get ruffled again, we must witness a recreation of the tumultuous relationship between a decorated former FBI Director and current US President that blotted the tenure of the most controversial presidency in US history. Streaming exclusively on Voot Select in India, The Comey Rule features powerful performances by Emmy® winners Jeff Daniels as former FBI Director James Comey and Brendan Gleeson as President Donald J. Trump.
Commenting on the new line-up premiering on the platform, Ferzad Palia, Head – Voot Select, Youth, Music and English Entertainment, Viacom18, said, “Voot Select is constantly pushing the boundaries of content offered to viewers with top-notch originals, international shows across genres, popular sports, music & lifestyle events. While our originals have been making waves, the variety of international series on our platform has not only been appreciated by critics and audience alike but also created a fan-following for themselves.”
He further added, “Through this exclusive deal with showtime, one of the most dominant content creators, we’re bringing the latest and biggest international shows to Indian audience. Garnering rave reviews and US elections looming, The Comey Rule has become one of the most recommended political dramas to watch.Voot Select is adding a whole lot more to the viewers’ watchlist in the coming days with the English Football League Carabao Cup and shows like The Good Lord Bird, The Comedy Store, Your Honor, The Reagans to only name a few.”
In theUS election year, The Comey Rule has become the most talked about show, and if the early reviews are anything to go by, it is a must-watch;
- The Washington Post – The Comey Rule is an occasionally artful and eventually absorbing dramatic reenactment of former FBI director James B. Comey’s unfortunate and, by his account, unavoidable role in two permanently upsetting events before and after the 2016 election of President Trump.
- Entertainment Weekly – For the pro-Trump crowd, The Comey Rule is destined to be dismissed as more #FakeNews from liberal Hollyweirdos. For everyone else, it offers the uniquely punishing experience of repeating history even as we continue to live through it.
- Deadline – Jeff Daniels-led event series may be the most important drama of this election year. The series is excellent and deeply unsettling.
- Collider – The Comey Rule manages to alarm and frighten us anew with its insider perspective of the events of 2016 and early 2017, acting as a bleak cautionary tale to remind us what’s at stake in the weeks remaining until this year’s presidential election.
- Slate – The larger truth of The Comey Rule is incontestable. It’s the story of institutions run in accordance with norms and traditions that seem permanent but prove terrifyingly fragile. Comey gets out, but the rest of us are still living in the sequel.
The high-pitched political drama will be followed by an array of similarly extraordinary content including the Ethan Hawke starrer The Good Lord Bird, The Comedy Store – chronicling the five-part docuseries on the evolution of comedy and the highly competitive English football competition ‘Carabao Cup’, premiering exclusively on Voot Select, certain to get viewers hooked to the platform.