Zee Café pushes boundaries with the launch of ‘Hollywood On Cafe’
Riveting stories, megastar protagonists and an unmatched cinematic experience… Zee Café, the No. 1 English entertainment channel in India, brings to its viewers the scale of Hollywood on television with its new property – Hollywood On Café. Starting October 16, 2017, the channel will present the Indian television premieres of 5 gripping new shows – The Young Pope, Taboo, 11.22.63, The Son and Guerrilla – on weeknights at 9 PM. Staying true to its promise of ‘All Eyes on New’, each of the shows pushes boundaries with their unconventional concepts that challenges the norms. Created by award winning writers, directors, actors and producers, these shows feature some of the biggest names in Hollywood. Tom Hardy, Jude Law, Pierce Brosnan, Idris Elba and James Franco will be seen playing pivotal roles in the dramas.
Catering to the consumers who are unapologetic and demand a deeply immersive experience coupled with spectacle and grandeur, Hollywood on Café brings the crème de la crème of Hollywood to indulge its viewers with a differentiated visual experience. In this golden era of television, it intends to present a Rated H experience – an experience that stands for premium content for audiences who believe in only watching superior quality content. Rated H represents a benchmark for cinematic experience with a promise to deliver great quality content consistently.
Commenting on the launch of Hollywood On Café, Aparna Bhosle, Business Cluster Head – Premium & FTA GEC channels – Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEEL) said, “We are thrilled to present yet another new offering – Hollywood on Café which brings the scale of Hollywood to Indian television. It brings together the works of some of the most remarkable directors, screenwriters and actors. Each show has been carefully selected, keeping in mind the taste of our audiences and our promise of ‘All Eyes on New’. With stalwarts like Ridley Scott, Stephen King and J.J. Abrams spearheading the dramas, it will be nothing short of a visual extravaganza. We are sure our viewers will enjoy this Rated H television viewing experience.”
The Rated H Hollywood dramas that will premiere on Zee Café as part of its property ‘Hollywood On Café’ are:
- The Young Pope: Created and directed by Academy Award-winner Paolo Sorrentino, The Young Pope showcases life in Vatican City which has never looked so sumptuous and corrupt. With Jude Law playing the protagonist, the show chronicles his journey from a sinner to saint. The Young Pope premieres 16th October, Mondays at 9 PM.
- The Son: Starring Pierce Brosnan, The Son is based on the Pulitzer Prize finalist novel by Philipp Meyer. This gripping series is a multigenerational saga of power followed by the rise of one ambitious family as resilient and dangerous as the land they claim. The Son premieres 17th October, Tuesdays at 9 PM.
- 11.22.63: Based on the book of the same name, 11.22.63 is the story of a school teacher (James Franco) who travels back in time to prevent the assassination of John F Kennedy. Written by Stephen King, the show is a nine-hour event series produced by Franco and executive produced by J.J Abrams.11.22.63 premieres 18th October, Wednesdays at 9 PM.
- Taboo: Created by Steven Knight, Tom Hardy and his father Edward Hardy and Executive Produced by Ridley Scott, Taboo follows the story of Keziah Delaney who is believed to be long dead. But he returns home to London from Africa to inherit what is left of his father’s shipping empire and rebuild a life for himself. With enemies lurking in every dark corner, this eight-part drama series is encircled with conspiracy, murder and betrayal. Taboo premieres 19th October, Thursdays at 9 PM.
- Guerrilla: Starring Idris Elba and Freida Pinto, Guerrilla, written and directed by Academy Award Winner John Ridley is set against the backdrop of one of the most explosive times in U.K. history. It narrates the story of a politically active couple whose relationship and values are tested when they liberate a political prisoner and form a radical underground cell in 1970s London. Guerrilla premieres 20th October, Fridays at 9 PM.
So what are you waiting for? It’s time to get more of your favourite Hollywood stars!
Block your calendars from October 16 @ 9.00 PM every weeknight and tune into ‘Hollywood On Café’ only on Zee Café