ZEE5 Strengthens Tamil Content Portfolio With Mega Releases
ZEE5 announced a line-up of eight Originals to strengthen its Tamil content offering – this will be a combination of web series as also movies. This will be complemented by the recently announcedspecial subscription packs* for the Tamil audience which includes Before TV content of popular ZEE Tamil shows, World Digital Premieres and Originals.
At astar-studded event in Chennai, ZEE5announced its Originals in the presence of some of the finest industry talentincludingDhanya Balakrishna, Rakendu Mouli, Sarat Ravi, Abirami Iyer, Arrol Corelli, Manoj Parahamsa, Vivek, Sammer Barathram, Balaji Tharaneetharan, Kalidas Jayaram, Megha Akash, Venkat Prabhu, Kalaiyarasan, Karunakaran, Aravind Krishna, Yuhi Sethu and Kathir among others.
ZEE5 Tamil Originals comprise of Original movies and shows across genres. The shows announced are What’s up Velakkari, Auto Shankar, Mitta, Postman and Thiravam.
- What’s upVelakkariwill introduce you to a high intensity drama in the modern-urban space with three main protagonists- a husband and wife and their house maid
- Auto Shankaris a web-series based on the true horrific incidents of six murders in two years committed by Shankar and his gang
- Mitta revolves around two stoners who get themselves into different events of trouble
- Postmanis a story of a man who meets with an accident that puts him in a coma. 20 years later, he wakes up from the vegetative state and he sets out on a mission to deliver the letters that he couldn’t.
- Thiravam is an intriguing tale of a man who claims to have found a holy grail, the worlds most needed fuel for motors to run and the trivia around it
The platform will also be launching Original movies – Oru Pakka Kadhai, Kalavu andSigai exclusively for their audience.
Manish Aggarwal, Business Head, ZEE5 India commented, “South India is an important market for us. We are strengthening our presence with a strong content line up complemented by region specific subscription packs. We have a huge consumer base across the metros and our aim is to have a value pack that caters to the regional language preferences of audiences in the tier 2 cities, towns and villages that have shown huge potential.”
Aparna Acharekar, Programming Head, ZEE5 India said, “The Tamil audience has shown a phenomenal response to the regional content on the platform, and with a power packed content line-up the response will only keep getting better. We are delighted to associate with so many renowned actors who resonate with the audience to give the story a local flavor.The strong content line upcomplemented by our recently launched Regional Subscription packmakes it a unique proposition.”
Speaking about the launch, Balaji Dharanidharan, Director, Oru Pakka Kadhaisaid, “Digital is one of the fastest evolving platforms in entertainment and we are thrilled that ZEE5 is bringing international quality content to the Tamil audience’s portable screen. I was waiting for this moment and am excited that its launching finally on a platform which has no leaps and bounds.”
Speaking about the launch, Kathir, Actor said, “Sigai is a one of a kind show which brings a great concept in an edgy presentation. The concept of the show is very intriguing, and we are glad to present this show on ZEE5.With its extensive regional reach, we are confident that our story will relay out to a much larger language audience. We are certain that this showwill give audience incredible value for their money.”