Kalyan Jewellers strengthens leadership team with company’s first CEO
Kalyan Jewellers today announced the appointment of its first Chief Executive Officer as well as the expansion of its board to include two new directors. With this announcement, the company elevated Mr. Sanjay Raghuraman to Chief Executive Officer from his earlier position as the Chief Operating Officer. Additionally, Mr. Salil Nair joins the company’s board as Non-Executive Director, while Mr. Anil Nair was named Independent Director. The company already has 4 independent directors with banking and financial sector expertise. With these two new appointments, Kalyan Jewellers board will include both retail and marketing expertise.
Speaking about this announcement Mr. T S Kalyanaraman, Chairman and Managing Director, Kalyan Jewellers said, “We are extremely delighted to appoint Mr. Sanjay Raghuraman as the Chief Executive Officer of the company and warmly welcome Mr. Salil Nair and Mr. Anil Nair, who bring to the table expertise in the retail and marketing spaces, to the Kalyan Jewellers core team. With an aim to continue expanding the company’s footprint to cater to newer audiences, we are confident that our enhanced team will take us to newer horizons and achieve bigger milestones, leveraging growth opportunities despite the challenges in the new COVID-19 era.”
Mr. Sanjay Raghuraman joined Kalyan Jewellers in 2012, when the company began its journey of accelerated growth by expanding operations outside of South India. He was the Head of Operations at HDB Financial Services Limited prior to joining Kalyan Jewellers.
Mr. Salil Nair holds expertise in retail management with over 30 years of experience, including his successful spell as Chief Executive Officer at Shopper’s Stop. Mr. Anil Nair has been in the advertising industry for over 24 years, including serving as CEO & Managing Partner of L&K Saatchi & Saatchi as well as a member of the global leadership team of Saatchi & Saatchi, McCann and DDB.
The announcements come at a time when the retail sector is seeing constant fluctuations due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic globally. With these new appointments at the helm, the company aims to strengthen its growth strategy and drive creative and sustainable solutions during these challenging times.
Kalyan Jewellers’ Board of Directors now include industry-leading figures such as:
- T.S. Kalyanaraman, Chairman and Managing Director, Kalyan Jewellers
- Rajesh Kalyanaraman, Whole-Time Director, Kalyan Jewellers
- Ramesh Kalyanaraman, Whole-Time Director, Kalyan Jewellers
- Anish Kumar Saraf, Non-Executive Nominee Director, Kalyan Jewellers (Director, Warburg Pincus India)
- Kishori Jayendra Udeshi, Independent Director, Kalyan Jewellers (Ex. Deputy Governor, RBI)
- Agnihotra Dakshina Murthy Chavali, Independent Director, Kalyan Jewellers (Member – Advisory board for Banking & Financial Frauds, Central Vigilance Commission)
- Mahalingam Ramaswamy, Independent Director, Kalyan Jewellers (Ex. MD, State Bank of Travancore)
- T.S. Anantharaman, Independent Director, Kalyan Jewellers (Ex. Chairman, Catholic Syrian Bank)
- Salil Nair, Non-Executive Director, Kalyan Jewellers (Ex. CEO, Shoppers Stop)
- Anil Nair, Independent Director, Kalyan Jewellers (Ex. CEO & Managing Partner of Law & Kenneth Saatchi & Saatchi Pvt. Limited)