Vh1 celebrates Teacher’s Day with a musical syllabus
When words fail, music comes alive. The aura of soulful tunes and rhythmic beats often act as not only a source of entertainment but also a healer, a motivator, and a guide; much like the teachers in our lives. This Teacher’s Day let’s revise the chapters of music, celebrating everything it has taught us with a specially curated segment – Vh1 Home-School: Teacher’s Day Special on Saturday, September 5 at 12pm, featuring songs that are inspiring and sure to string a lesson or two about life.
Here’s the syllabus for the crash course;
- LIT English with Cardi B’s Okurrrr and Drake’s Yolo. A glossary of all the words that we added to our vocabulary from our favourite musicians!
- Harmonic History with Coldplay’s Viva la Vida French Revolution and U2’s Pride. Songs that have covered events over time, and they teach us a lot about the world as it was!
- Bassic Mathematics with Bob Dylan’s Love Minus Zero and Tool’s Lateralus. Who says math wasn’t fun? We learned a great deal from our favourite musicians!
- Geography Rhapsody with Jay Z & Alicia Keys’ New York and Katy Perry’s California Gurls. Sometimes it feels like you know a place just by hearing about it, and nobody does a better job than our favourite musicians!
- Sonic Science with Coldplay’s Speed of Sound and Sean Paul’s Temperature. Music has taught a great deal about how science is integrated into everything we do, let’s celebrate it too!
- Practical Trebles with Drake’s How To Toosie Slide and MJ’s How To Walk On The Moon. A comprehensive how-to guide taught to us by music!
And that’s not all, hop on to the channel’s social media to watch featurettes of artists and insiders from the Indian music space like Shruti Hassan, Ananya Birla, DJ Kashish Singh, Ayushmann Sinha and Nicky Ramnani on ‘What has #MusicTaughtMe?’
This Teacher’s Day, let’s learn along with music and celebrate the teachers in our lives, exclusively on Vh1 India