Gamesbond, a premium games marketplace, along with Radio Mirchi, gave Mumbaikar’s an experience of premium quality gaming with their college activation campaign – MUMBAI’S GAMESBOND – a first of its kind mobile gaming contest in India. Owned and promoted by Mauj Mobile, it took the premium marketplace for ardent gamers to their campuses. Reaching out to 15 colleges, Mauj Mobile through the newly launched Gamesbond app, conducted a series of gaming contests across Mumbai colleges, where the students had to download the Gamesbond app on their smartphone and play games specifically curated for this competition.
The final combat was held between the 45 lucky winners (3 each from 15 colleges) who came together to play the final round on 21st December, 2015 at Mood Indigo to decide “Mumbai’s Gamesbond”. The objective of conducting this contest was to reach out to maximum gamers and give them a first-hand experience of the premium quality gaming which will enhance the presence in the Indian gaming community.
· GamesBond official Mobile gaming partners for Mood Indigo
· The college ground event touched more than 15000 students across 15 colleges, including K J Somaiya, Hinduja, Thakur, Sydenham, KC, National, Jai Hind etc., took part in the hunt for Mumbai’s GamesBond
· 11 games specially curated for this competition on the GamesBond app
· 45 winners were selected from these 15 colleges (top 3 from each college) to play the finale at Mood Indigo, IIT
· Partnered with Radio Mirchi to ensure high impact for on-air support through brand promos, RJ mentions, OB’s and more
Finale at Mood Indigo, IIT- The results:
- 3 elimination rounds played in the finale with 5 students going through to the final
- Three winners chosen
- Pawan Prajapati- K.J.Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce- Prizes Worth Rs.75000
- Ganesh Yadav – Khalsa College- Prizes Worth Rs.50000
- Neekit Pulekar- S.K. Somaiya College of Engineering- Prizes Worth Rs.25000
Engagement within the app showed a tremendous spike in numbers through this activity. Visitors increased by over 28% + with strong intent which had an impact of more than 40% increase in downloads of games. The daily average users for the app also increased by close to 45%.