IMAX Corporation along with Warner Bros. Pictures (India), collaborated to bring in the first ever experience of its newly upgraded IMAX® theatre with the exclusive pre-release screening of ‘Birds of Prey (And The Fantabulous Emancipation Of One Harley Quinn)’. The theatre features IMAX’s ground-breaking laser experience, IMAX® with Laser, offering a large than life high scale experience to the movie fanatics.
IMAX with Laser delivers stunning images and powerful, immersive audio to transport audiences into blockbuster films like never before. The experience is set apart by its next-generation 4K laser projection system which features a new optical engine and a suite of proprietary IMAX technologies that deliver increased resolution, sharper and brighter images, deeper contrast as well as the most distinct, exotic colors ever available on-screen.
The new experience also features several additional new moviegoing enhancements including the installation of IMAX’s 12-channel sound technology with new side and overhead channels that deliver greater dynamic range and precision for heart pounding audio immersion as well as luxury plush rocker seating and redesigned entryways.
Commenting on this development, John Shreiner, Senior Vice President, Theatre Development, Russia, CIS, Middle East, and India, IMAX said – “We have always aimed at strengthening our foothold in India by offering more and never seen before cinema to our viewers. With the launch of IMAX with Laser theatre, we are excited to showcase the most advanced movie watching experience through a fantastic film like ‘Birds of Prey’. A huge credit goes to the team at Warner Bros. Pictures for making this happen.”
Denzil Dias, Vice President & Managing Director at Warner Bros. Pictures (India) Pvt. Ltd. said, “’Birds of Prey is one of our most anticipated releases of the year. Our association with IMAX for the exclusive IMAX with Laser screening of the film, adds excitement amongst the viewers and gravitas to the film. We hope that we collaborate on many such movies for our Indian viewers and offer them multiple blockbusters.”
With IMAX with Laser, guests at PVR Phoenix, Lower Parel, Mumbai and PVR Select City Walk, Delhi can now experience:
- Sharpness: Experience incredible detail in every image with a sharper, clearer and crisper picture that delivers a heightened level of realism on the biggest screens.
- Brightness: Laser brings an increased level of brightness to fill IMAX screens with the most vivid and lifelike images in 2D and 3D.
- Contrast: Dramatically greater contrast levels in each frame provides a level of depth that takes you out of your world and draws you into the movie.
- Color: The widest range of colors available to filmmakers so they can present more vibrant, deeper and richer colors in IMAX than ever before.
- Sound: Whether it’s a pin drop or feeling the heart-palpating force of a volcano, with IMAX’s next-generation 12-channel sound system audiences will experience a new kind of powerful, immersive sound they can feel.
‘Birds of Prey’ (And The Fantabulous Emancipation Of One Harley Quinn)’ digitally re-mastered into the image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience® with proprietary IMAX DMR® (Digital Re-Mastering) technology.