Microsoft Surface Pro 7+ Comes To India for Business Users
In a major development, Microsoft today announced the general availability of Surface Pro 7+ for Business for commercial and education customers in India, offering the versatility, connectivity and security that they need to adapt to the changing landscape.
Additionally, the Surface Hub 2S 85” will begin shipping to business and education customers in India from March 3.
“Across industries, the shift to remote and hybrid working environments has been a tipping point to redefine the future of how we work, learn and collaborate. Today, we are pleased to share the next step in our journey to support our business and education customers with the introduction of Surface Pro 7+ for Business and Surface Hub 2S 85. Customer conversations and extensive research in the last year has been critical to our product development. The new devices reflect our commitment towards designing technology that fosters productivity, creativity and connection to empower people,” said Rajiv Sodhi, Chief Operating Officer, Microsoft India.
Catering To Growing Microsoft Surface Demands
In the past year, Surface usage in enterprise organizations across the country has more than doubled, driven by strong growth in the use of collaboration and productivity apps to maintain business continuity.
- Recognizing the needs of customers operating in hybrid work environments, the Surface Pro 7+ for Business offers optional LTE Advanced to help keep people connected at home if Wi-Fi bandwidth is limited or in a remote location.
- Starting at INR 83,999, Surface Pro 7+ continues with the iconic Surface form factor and strikes the balance between the portability and convenience of a tablet and the power and productivity of a traditional laptop.
- The latest Surface Hub 2S 85”, priced at INR 21,44,999, will help organizations bridge the digital and physical divide in today’s hybrid spaces.
Key Learnings from the Pandemic
Through the customer conversations and commissioned research, Microsoft found four key learnings:
- The future of working and learning is hybrid and requires more flexibility: Views on remote work have changed, 82% of managers say they will have more flexible work from home policies post pandemic, and 71% of employees want to continue work from home at least part time. People are sharing spaces throughout their home and are moving locations more throughout their days to stay productive and accommodate others.
- Connectivity is critical to uninterrupted business operations: With multiple people in a household now connecting from home, it is putting a strain on bandwidth – where people are using their cell phones more often as hot spots for online meetings due to poor internet connectivity.
- Camera to camera is the new face to face: Microsoft has learnt through research that people are feeling more empathetic to one another now, and through the lens of a video call they have a better view of life at home and even feel more valued and included as a remote contributor in meetings with everyone being in the same virtual room
- End to end security from chip to cloud is more critical than ever before: Organizations need their data and workflows to be secure to enable remote and hybrid work. Devices need end to end security features to enable the productivity needed to maintain business continuity
Surface Pro 7+ for Business
From small and medium size businesses to the largest organizations, Surface Pro 7+ is purpose-built with the needs of our business and education customers in mind. This next generation of Surface Pro stays true to its ethos – delivering on top customer requested updates while maintaining the same iconic design so customers can continue to leverage their existing investments.
- Surface Pro 7+ comes with the latest 11th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors, 2.1 times faster performance, and longer battery life of up to 15 hours.
- Available in two colors, Black and Platinum, the device offers the versatility people need to work wherever, whenever they want.
- In addition, with both USB-A and USB-C ports, Surface Pro 7+ offers the adaptability to dock into external displays and leverage the needed peripherals for a full workstation setup.
- For the human connection that everyone is craving, the device integrates front and rear facing cameras with 1080p full HD video along with Dolby Atmos speakers and dual far-field Studio Microphones so people can be seen and heard.
Surface Pro 7+ comes with a lightweight, sustainable commercial packaging that is 23% lighter than the previous generation and made from 99% natural fiber-based material, of which 64% is post-consumer recycled content. These updates are also reflective of Microsoft’s continued commitment to sustainability.
For the first time, Surface Pro 7+ will ship with Windows Enhanced Hardware Security features enabled out of the box. The devices can be managed and updated through the cloud from the first moment the device is turned on and throughout the device lifecycle without IT having to physically touch the device. Customers can have peace of mind in knowing they get great security without compromising employee or student experiences. Microsoft has accomplished this through tight integration between the UEFI (modern BIOS), firmware, and the Windows operating system stack and have shared their implementation of the Microsoft UEFI as open source on GitHub as Project Mu.
Surface will also use the latest Microsoft deployment capabilities like Windows Autopilot to enable devices to ship directly from the factory to people’s homes and be ready to go with security policies, applications, and settings applied. Windows Autopilot gets people online, connected, and productive as quickly as possible, and eliminates time consuming re-imaging and manual device set up for IT departments.
Finally, Microsoft recognizes the importance for customers to be in control of their data. Surface Pro 7+ will also feature a removable SSD for data retention, to support the security and privacy needs of commercial and education organizations. This feature, combined with Microsoft BitLocker protection, makes it easy for customers to retain sensitive data if something happens to their device.
Surface Hub 2S 85”
Many organizations are recognizing the importance of large screen, collaborative devices like Surface Hub for a hybrid workforce. In addition to the currently available 50” Surface Hub 2S, the 85” version will now allow customers to take advantage of the Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise configurations, enabling them to run all of their business critical applications utilizing the massive 4K PixelSense touch and ink enabled screen, Microsoft Teams certified audio and video, and an array of onboard sensors.
Availability and Pricing
Commercial and education customers in India can order Surface Pro 7+ through their local commercial resellers today, while the Surface Hub 2S 85” will be available March 3 onwards.