Madhya Pradesh, the first state to start film/tv shootings post unlock
The government of Madhya Pradesh has released a set of Standard Operating Guiding Principles to be followed while shootings take place in the state post unlock. After months of lockdown due to the pandemic, Madhya Pradesh becomes the first state to begin the film promotions.
Madhya Pradesh, a Hindi speaking state offers economical shoot as production facilities, Line Producers, Artists, Local Crew etc, are easily available. Also, the peaceful law and orders of the state make it more viable and manageable for Bollywood pictures.
Renowned actors like Anupam Kher and Bhumi Pednekar have recently finished shooting for their movies in Madhya Pradesh. And with shootings in the pipeline with actors like Vidya Balan, Madhya Pradesh is already a popular pick for various feature films, TV Serial/Series, TVCs & Reality shows. Including Manikarnika, Bajirao Mastani, Stree, C, Raajneeti, Sui-Dhaga, Padman, Toilet Ek Prem Katha, Paan Singh Tomar, Kalank, Lion, Luka Chhupi, Aarakshan, more than 200 projects have been shot in this state.
Mr Anupam Kher commented on the restarting of the shoots, “It is picture wrap for our movie #TheLastShow!! What an amazing, creatively satisfying and courageous journey it has been. We will miss this time together. But I think we have created something, the memories of which will last us for a lifetime. ‘Thank you’ is a small expression to express our gratitude. But we couldn’t have created this gem without the help of #MPGovt, local authorities and people of #Bhopal. Especially @mptourism dept. Jai Ho to you all. #Film #PassionAndPaseenaFilms”
For shoot permission on behalf of the Filmmaker, Madhya Pradesh Tourism department is liable to coordinate with the different concerned departments. Film Tourism Policy is being developed to make Madhya Pradesh a shooting friendly state and simplify the shoot permission. The idea behind the policy is to generate a number of employment opportunities by making Madhya Pradesh a major Film making hub.
The following facilities are being provided to the producers/directors by MP tourism-
- Film Friendly Authorities and strong Govt. support
- Authentic shooting locations
- Easy Permissions
- To ease out the shooting permissions, dedicated Film Facilitation cell shall work as a nodal agency through single-window clearance system
- Modern Infrastructure and omnipresent hotels
- Crew, cost-effective infrastructure, local talent and other skilful workforce
- Favourable law and order condition
- Food/cuisine flexibility, Hindi speaking people and ideal climate
The comfort of doing the shooting in MP –
- To provide a single -point interface and time-bound clearance mechanism, a dedicated online film web portal shall be created, for filmmakers intending to shoot in Madhya Pradesh.
- Film Facilitation Cell shall receive all the applications through online mode and in coordination with the concerned department for permission, the action shall be taken.
- The Portal shall also act as a platform for information dissemination related to film tourism policy and shall also act as a forum for the dissemination and the rules, regulations, also provide information on grants and other utility services.