Udaipur- The best destination for planning a vacation
Udaipur, located in Rajasthan state, is a famous one for its several attractions. It has a close proximity to other beautiful places due to various places. The city located near Gujarat border is a perfection destination for honeymoon, sightseeing, and holidays allowing tourists to make an excitement trip. Another thing about that the city it is well-known for its culture, history, palaces, lakes, and other things which invite a lot of people from various parts of the world.
The city is also home to various forts, galleries, museums, festivals, natural gardens, and temples that make the destination a popular one. However, it is necessary to plan a trip to Udaipur properly for witnessing complete entertainment. Tourists should know more about best Udaipur hotels in detail before planning a trip with family and children. Most of them offer excellent amenities for tourists while making a tour to the city.
Important places to visit in Udaipur
- Eklingji Temple
Eklingji Temple in Udaipur is one of the most visited places in Rajasthan because it has brilliant architectural styles. Situated at a distance of 22 km away from the city, the temple is magnificent in look due to its pyramidal roof and unique carved tower. Built in 743 AD, by Bappa Rawal, the temple has four faces of Lord Shiva which is mainly made from black marble stones. The double-storied Shiva temple has a beautiful silver image of Nandi inside which crate impacts on visitors. In addition, the four forms of Lord Shiva in the temple depict his four forms and tourists can see them while making a trip.
- Jaisamand Lake
Jaisamand Lake is an artificial one in Udaipur which spans an area of 100 km. The lake also covers Jaisamand sanctuary which has a variety of animals and birds. It is an ideal place for those who want to relax their mind with family and children. This vast lake has three islands and the tow bigger islands are called as Baba KaMagra and the small islands as Pari. The lake has a palace on its north side with a courtyard and a pavilion of 12 pillars on the South side.
- Bada Mahal (Big Palace)
Bada Mahal called as” Big Palace” in English is one of the must-see palaces in Udaipur due to its architectural styles. It has several sections constructed on the 89 feet high rock structure with intricate carvings and other features. The palace interiors are beautifully designed with attractive painted mirrors in every room that add more styles. Similarly, the exteriors of the places are well-built with stunning balconies, courtyards, and strong pillars. The palace is a reflection of both Rajput and Mughal style architecture that stand as a great monument in the city for a long time.
- Doodh Talai Musical Garden
The place is the right one for tourists who want to enjoy the dazzling views of Udaipur city. This mesmerising rock and music fountain garden enable visitors to access the sunset and well-maintained by the tourist authorities. It stands as an example of modern architecture letting tourists to plan their picnic accordingly.
- Sukhadia Circle
Sukhadia Circle is an ideal hub for tourists who want to take a break from busy lifestyle. It has a three-tiered fountain which is 21-feet in length. Visitors can even find many gardens and food joints nearer to the circle which adds more style to the structure.
Travel tips to Udaipur
- Udaipur experiences a topical climate and the best time to visit the city is from October to March in a year because it gets extremely hot during summer months.
- The city provides an array of public transport options enabling tourists to reach important places in quick turnaround time.
- It is well-connected by air, train, and road allowing visitors to make a trip depending on their needs.
- Hindi, Mewari, and English are the languages spoken in Udaipur for communication purposes.
- Udaipur is well-known for its cuisine items and there are various restaurants which offer them at affordable prices.
- It is necessary to follow the etiquettes while visiting religious places such as temples and mosques.
- Money is the currency used in Udaipur and tourists can exchange the same in banks and exchange counters.
- Those who want to know more about tourist places in detail can hire a government approved guide for overcoming complications to a large extent.
- Tourists should avoid traveling alone in remote places during the late night for reducing unwanted problems.
- Udaipur is famous one for street markets and visitors can buy a wide range of products including handmade items with unique designs.
- Travelers should pack their clothes properly which suits a season that can help to avoid discomforts and other problems.
- There are some places where photography is not allowed for tourists and they should know more about them in detail for avoiding penalties.
- It is advisable to follow the local laws and rules and regulations while making a trip to the city.
- Foreign nationals should carry a copy of important documents such as passport, visa, and identity cards for verification purposes. They should also take care of their personal things carefully in crowded areas.
Renting hotels in Udaipur
Most hotels in Udaipur offer services for guests with modern amenities allowing them to enjoy their vacation at the best prices. Those who want to book Udaipur hotels online can gain more ideas from various hotel websites that can help to select the right one. Apart from that, they show ways to compare the prices with ease allowing customers to book hotels in advance to make a trip without any difficulties. Some of them even provide luxurious amenities for tourists enabling them to experience a world-class accommodation at reasonable prices. It is necessary to read reviews and ratings of hotels before booking a trip. A hotel website makes feasible ways to find rooms which exactly fulfil the expectations of tourists. In addition, it contributes more to schedule a tour with family and children to witness complete excitement.