Sony celebrates ‘Colours of Tradition’ this festive season
In its ongoing endeavor to project unparalleled details in televisions, Sony India has recently launched its new festive campaign “Respect every colour” across India. The campaign is supported by an immersive Television Commercial ‘Colours of Tradition’ highlighting its range of BRAVIA TVs. Representing the celebration of colours and their deep roots in our traditions, this 360-degree campaign is live across Television, Print, Digital Platform, Outdoor, Cinema, PR and shopfronts from 21st September 2017 till 19thOctober 2017.
Yuichi Hasegawa, Head of Marketing, Sony India said, “The Sony BRAVIA range of televisions has always stood for breath-taking details, vivid colours, striking contrast and exceptional sound quality. Through this commercial, we have endeavored to showcase BRAVIA’s tradition of celebrating colours. Crafted on a concept built around ‘Colours of Tradition’ highlighting colours as our ritual, we thought that the Diwali festive season is thebest opportunity for us to bring out these values.
He further added, saying, “We are very happy with the translation of the brief done by our creative agency, McCannIndia for this project.”
Colours are woven into the very fabric of India’s culture. Procured as a part of every celebration, these colours are inseparable from our everyday lives. All Indian festivals give rise to small rituals, customs and symbols that hold a much deeper cultural significance. These moments exist across festivals, and are rich in the visual codes of colours and details. These are also the moments that signify our shared respect for the intricacies of a festival – the bigness behind the little things. This is what gave rise to the concept of ‘Rang-Ritiyaan’, a powerful bond that connects people’s traditions to their colourful celebrations. That is why every frame of the film is meticulously created to highlight the intricacies of colour, contrast and detail that go into every moment our festive preparations – the moments that can be best experienced only on a Sony BRAVIA television.
Prateek Bhardwaj, National Creative Director, McCann Worldgroup said “Colours carry deep meaning in Indian traditions and festivities. Our message was that if the role colours play in our culture is so important, they deserve a Bravia to be viewed on.”
- Title: Colours of Tradition
- Creative agency: McCann Worldgroup
- Chairman Asia Pacific, CEO and Chief creative officer McCann India: Prasoon Joshi
- National Creative Director: Prateek Bhardwaj
- Delhi Creative Head: Kapil Batra
- Creative team: Kartikeya Dixit, Soumya Nagabhushan and Priyanka Sabberwal
- Chief Strategy Officer: Jitendra Dabas
- Associate Vice President, Planning: Ankit Vohra
- Strategic Planning Director: Kush Anand
- Vice President (Account Management): Nikhlesh Jhingan
- Account management team: Abhimanyu Aggarwal and Aneesha Kohli
- Agency Producer: Jeet Kalra and Ankur Mondal
- Production house: Crazyfew films
- Director: Anupam Mishra
- Producer: Viraj Gawas and Urfi Kazmi
- DOP: Sejal Shah
- Music Director: Abhishek Arora
- Sony India Marketing Communication team: Yuichi Hasegawa, Divya Rao, Nimit Jain, Vibhor Bajaj