SOTC Travel recommends the Winter Destinations to Holiday
SOTC Travel offers a wide array of the best winter destinations that must be on every travelers list of must see places. Japan, Norway (Northern Lights), Iceland, Slovenia & Croatia and Magical Santaland (Helsinki & Rovaniemi) are some of the experiential winter destinations recommended by SOTC Travel. Travellers enjoy the Autumn Foliage with scenic cities and parks that are painted in crimson and gold and the Winter Illuminations in Japan. Topping bucket lists of travellers is the experience of the Northern Lights and for a magical Christmas Experience travelers could opt for Helsinki & Rovaniemi.
An interesting trend witnessed according to the SOTC India Holiday Report 2019 is that the destination is the most important holiday influencer for every traveller, across all age groups.
The SOTC India Holiday Report 2019 was conducted with over 1100 respondents belonging to four distinct age groups – 25 years and below, 26-35 years, 36-55 years and 56 years and above. The following insights were revealed about the holiday influencers for Indian travellers:
· 79% of Gen Z (Less than 25 years) chose destination as the biggest holiday influencer, followed by attractive travel packages and offers at 51.
· Destination as an influencer is the highest with Gen Y ( 26 – 35 Years), 84% find the destination to be their main influencer for making holiday plans.
· 74% of Gen X (36 – 55 Years) also believe that the destination is an important influencing factor.
· For Senior Citizen, destination at 67% is an important influencer, closely followed by travel websites and blogs at 62%.
Vishal Suri, Managing Director, SOTC Travel added, “With Christmas holidays only a few months away, travellers are planning their vacation to experiential places. Indian travellers are enthusiastic about travel and with changing dynamics in disposable income, internet literacy and the popularity of experiential holidays; they are opting for winter destinations that offer unique experiences. We are looking forward to enhancing their holiday experiences amidst the jubilant festivities.”
Some of the packages included are:
- Christmas Special Magical Santalandstarting at INR 2,48,850
- Mystical Iceland9D/8N at INR 3,91,100/- (Starting price per adult)
- Norway-Northern Lights, Svalbard & Fjords 10D/9N at INR 1,32,600/- (Starting price per adult)
- Japan Diaries7D/6N at INR 2,08,000/- (Starting price per adult)
- Croatia & Slovenia8D/7N at INR 1,12,100/- (Starting price per adult)
Other popular winter destinations to holiday include Prague, Switzerland, Austria, USA & Canada and Germany.
Additionally, with the novel offering by SOTC Travel ‘On the Go’; below are a few exciting options for travellers to explore:
· Japan Autumn & Winter Illuminations Discovery Tour: Explore Kobe City and other scenic spots for Autumn Foliage and Winter Illuminations.
· Private Santa Claus Village & Rovaniemi city tour: Get to know Rovaniemi city and meet Santa Claus at the Santa Claus Village
· Northern Lights Snowmobiling: Chasing the Northern Lights on snowmobiles in the depths of the magical snow-covered forests in the arctic night of Lapland.