Audi announces the launch of Audi A4 sedan in India
The tauter and sportier Audi A4 sedan is ready to be sold in India as the German luxury car manufacturer, Audi announced its launch. With a more powerful 2.0-litre petrol engine, the fifth generation new Audi A4 has a new design. The engine generates 190 hp of power and 320 Nm of torque. The prices commence from INR 42,34,000 Ex-showroom in India for the new Audi A4.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Balbir Singh Dhillon, Head of Audi India, said, “We are extremely happy to start the year with the launch of the latest version of one of our bestsellers, the new Audi A4. In its fifth generation, the new Audi A4 is a perfect blend of class, elegance and sporty appeal. The car is equipped with the latest technology and sets a benchmark with the features on offer. The mid-size luxury sedan segment is competitive and we are confident that the new Audi A4 will be a game-changer in the arena.”
Being a multi-dimensional car, Audi A4 gives a relaxing experience on everyday drives along with a thrilling drive when you’re in the mood for fun. In just 7.3 seconds, the new Audi A4 can sprint to 100kph. In addition to this, the spacious 460-litre boot can hold all your bags and load when you plan to set off for that weekend getaway with the family. With the large MMI touch display, the high-quality interior is functionally designed and features new-age tech, being the control centre for the new operating system.
On the new Audi A4, LED headlights with signature daytime running lights comes as standard. The broader and eye-catching single-frame grille in the new Audi A4, adds further distinction to it. The new Audi A4’s subtler surfacing not only highlights, its purer form but also enhances aerodynamics, ensuring greater efficiency. The new Audi A4 becomes the most unique offering in its segment due to the combination of power, technology and efficiency.
Including a new Terra Grey, customers can choose from five exterior colours and Premium Plus and Technology are the two trims that the new Audi A4 offers. The interiors of Audi A4 look very classy and sophisticated because of the new Audi Exclusive Piano Black inserts and Leather Leatherette upholstery.
Mr. Dhillon added, “2021 will see a host of new launches and we are very excited with what lies ahead. With a well-established petrol strategy in place, we are now geared to kick-off our EV strategy in India. The launch of Audi e-tron is on the cards and you will hear from us very very shortly on its arrival.”
The new Audi A4 is also available in Augmented Reality and customers can visit the official website (www.audi.in) and experience it. Customers can view the inside and outside of the new Audi A4, through Augmented Reality and the 360-degree product visualizer and can book it online from the comfort of their home or can register their interest at the nearest Audi India dealership. Features including service cost calculators, Augmented Reality, product brochures and placement of test drive requests amongst others can be accessed by potential customers and enthusiasts on the latest version of the ‘myAudi Connect’ App.
Key highlights of the Audi A4:
Bold new design, same character:
- Exterior shaped by Audi’s new design language which is modern, sporty and dynamic.
- Broader and flatter new singleframe grille gives it a large car feel.
- Horizontal lines emphasize the car’s width while the cuts on the side add definition.
- Two trims on offer Premium Plus and Technology, with five exterior colour options, including a new Terra Grey.
- Glass sunroof bathes plush interior with natural light.
Customisable, futuristic interiors for all your needs
- Crisply-styled interior is defined by clean horizontal lines.
- Large MMI touch display is the control centre for the new operating system.
- The contour/ambient lighting package adds highlights to the interior in the dark with 30 colour options to choose from.
- New Comfort key allows keyless entry and gesture-based boot lid opening for maximum convenience.
- Audi Phone box with wireless charging for your smartphone.
- Audi Exclusive Piano Black inlays with leather and leatherette upholstery set the tone in the premium cabin.
- Park Assist with parking Aid Plus ensures a stress-free experience.
- Power front seats with memory feature for driver’s seat.
- 3 Zone climate control ensures comfort for all onboard.
Engine that means business
- The Audi A4 40 TFSI comes with a new 2.0L TFSI engine that churns 190 hp (140kW).
- The 2.0L TFSI combines hefty torque of 320 Nm, smooth running and a long-range.
- The car can hit 100 km/h from a standstill in just 7.3 seconds and can attain a top speed of 241 km/h.
- The 12V Mild Hybrid System minimizes fuel consumption while maximizing comfort.
o Mild Hybrid System comes with a Belt alternator starter which shuts off the engine while coasting up to 10 sec between 55 & 160 kmph.
o Brake recuperation.
- With its new MMI system, the highly connected new Audi A4 offers a user experience similar to a contemporary smartphone.
- MMI touch display has acoustic feedback with a high-resolution TFT display measuring 25.65 cms.
- Audi Smartphone Interface is standard on the new Audi A4.
- Graphics are clean and legible and the menu structure with its tight hierarchies is tailored to user expectations and aims for easy operation.
- The MMI search is based on free text input and returns hits rapidly.
- Natural-language voice control, another function of the new system, understands many of the phrases used in everyday speech.
- MMI Navigation Plus features all-digital Audi Virtual Cockpit plus and is controlled using the multifunction steering wheel.
- Audi Virtual Cockpit plus comes with a new ‘Sport’ display option.